Hello! I missed you guys! And my blog. I can't believe I've ignored you for so long. Okay, yes I can. I've been in a selfish mood and really haven't felt like making an effort. But that is done. I am tired of being sad about things I cannot control. Not to say I won't relapse from time to time, but there are other things, fun things to get excited about. So I will. Let's see, what's been going on:
- Weight: I have lost a total of 13 pounds since December. I keep wondering why not more, since I sweat my ass off at the gym 4-6 times a week and eat fairly healthy and drink a gallon of water a day. It's muscle, isn't it??? But as long as it stays off, I should be content, right?
- Job: I now work in downtown Chicago. Weird, because I never wanted to commute. Still don't, not really, but so far it's been rather fun. I am so looking forward to nicer weather and exploring the city more. And meeting some new people.
- Makeover! Okay, I haven't had one, but I intend to. Now that I'm working on being kinda cute, I need to look the part. I plan on going on a shopping spree and totally, okay partially, change how I look. I would love to get purple streaks in my hair, but I don't think my employer would be too thrilled with that though ;p
- Attitude: I'm getting one! I have been a mopey rag for far too long, and now I'm ready to be "me" again. Not to say that I didn't learn something while I was dealing with some personal stuff, because I sure did. And sometimes being proven right isn't all it's cracked up to be. But whatever. The main thing is not to lose yourself or to try to change for any other reason than you want to. I tend to be a people pleaser and really, it's not worth it most of the time. So time to get my bitch on.
- Books: I'm reading again. Go me! Finished Anne Rice's Beauty trilogy, which was dark, BDSM'y, yet whimsical. The last book draaagged for me, but overall, not a bad series.
- Music: obsessed with Silversun Pickup's Panic Switch. "Waitng and fading and floating away". Right now those words sum up some feelings I've had.
And now it's time to enjoy life again! Got a lot going on in the next few weeks. Meeting new friends for the first time in person, reading some great books, touring the seamier side of Chicago ;)
What's going on in YOUR world?