Stacy's Place on Earth
Blog Home Change to Small Font Change to Large Font
Monday, February 07, 2011:
Hey! What I'm up to....
Hey you guys! Yes I'm alive and well, just haven't had much of a blogging mojo going on, but I think it's slowly awakening. Been busy watching some movies and catching up on some t.v shows. Done a little bit of reading. Just working on some self-improvement issues which are going slower than I'd like, but progress is being made. So life is GOOD. I am doing great, finally figuring things out and enjoying the experience. There have been ups and downs, but it's all part of the process.

So let's start with what I've been watching:

From the creative minds behind THE SHIELD and THE SOPRANOS comes this intense drama about an outlaw motorcycle club.

Bound by blood as well as by duty, Jackson Teller (Charlie Hunnam), his mother, Gemma (Katey Sagal), and his stepfather, Clay (Ron Perelman), are each prominent figures in a motorcycle gang that runs both a (legal) auto body shop and an (illegal) arms trade.

Season One follows each member as they struggle to contain their family secrets while battling drug dealers and law enforcement, and attempt to protect their quiet hometown of Charming, California. Action-packed and rife with dark humor, SONS OF ANARCHY debuted to critical acclaim for its blend of raucous, revved-engine fun and smart storytelling. This collection includes every episode from the show’s first season on FX.

Love this show! Growing up in a small, blue-collar area, I've always been a bit attracted to this kind of element, although none of the bikers I'd seen ever looked half as good as Jax ;) (Who, by the way, sounds just as sexy with an English accent) I want one of those. And I even have crushes on some of the other guys too: Tig, Chib, Juicy. All deranged, wild, crazy, but damn, HOT. Don't ask me why I like them too, I just do. And I don't care. I love this show, and can't wait to watch season 2, which is already in my Netflix q.

FIGHT CLUB is narrated by a lonely, unfulfilled young man (Edward Norton) who finds his only comfort in feigning terminal illness and attending disease support groups. Hopping from group to group, he encounters another pretender, or "tourist," the morose Marla Singer (Helena Bonham Carter), who immediately gets under his skin.

However, while returning from a business trip, he meets a more intriguing character--the subversive Tyler Durden (Brad Pitt). They become fast friends, bonding over a mutual disgust for corporate consumer-culture hypocrisy. Eventually, the two start Fight Club, which convenes in a bar basement where angry men get to vent their frustrations in brutal, bare-knuckle bouts.

Fight Club soon becomes the men's only real priority; when the club starts a cross-country expansion, things start getting really crazy.

Like Tyler Durden himself, director David Fincher's FIGHT CLUB, based on the novel by Chuck Palahniuk, is startlingly aggressive and gleefully mischievous as it skewers the superficiality of American pop culture. Outstanding performances by Norton and Pitt are supported by a razor-sharp script and an arsenal of stunning visual effects that include computer animation and sleight-of-hand editing. One of the most unique films of the late 20th century, FIGHT CLUB is a pitch-black comedy of striking intensity.

Can you believe I just watched this for the first time yesterday? I don't know why I didn't before. Love Brad. Love Edward Norton. HBC is usually a hoot and she does not disappoint here. Violence doesn't bother me. Well, whatever the reason, I finally watched it and loved it too. And I know there's definitely a Tyler Durden living inside of me, just itching to come out and wreak some crazy havoc.



Reading: Shadowfever! Taking my time with it, because I'm sad to see Barrons (and oh yeah, that Mac chick) go. So far I'm really enjoying it, though I still feel a little lost as to what is going on, but it's actually fun not to know everything. I feel like I'm on a bit of a roller coaster with it, just waiting for the next sharp turn. I love when a book can do that to me.



What I'm listening to: Pink is one of my girl crushes, and I am totally grooving to her song "Raise Your Glass". This one goes up to 11 on the volume scale in my car. Hey any anthem for "dirty little freaks" has got my approval ;)


So...what are you up to, my pretties???

Labels:

13 Comments

  1. Hey Stacy,
    Glad to hear that your self improvement is heading in the right direction even if it is slower than you may like.

    I am completely addicted to the Sons of Anarchy series...a good way to spend your free time IMO :)

    Have a good one!


  2. Hey Stacy. Wasn't Fight Club awesome? It's a keeper on my dved shelf. I have never seen Sons Of Anarchy but now I'm very curious.


  3. Yay,hi Stacy! I love Pink. :) Glad you're taking your time to savor SF. It's awesome.


  4. My love bug. I love you post :-) squuueee . Xoxo


  5. Welcome back to the land of the bloggin! Fight Club
    "Marla, like that little scratch on the roof of your mouth that would heal if you could just stop tounging it."

    Shadowfever was the shit.

    I am about to start SOA too!


  6. Welcome back Stacy! I've missed your blog and am glad you are starting to feel like blogging again. Glad to hear your self improvement is moving in the right direction. Don't think it ever moves as quickly as we want it to.

    I must admit, I've never seen Fight Club. Guess I need to rent it at some point. Bells is loaning me the first 2 seasons of SOA, and I'm excited to give it a try.

    I'm currently reading Darkfever. I found out about the series late and am just getting started.


  7. I LOVE Fight Club. It's my go to movie for all things. Sad? Watch Fight Club. Angry? Watch Fight Club. Happy? Watch Fight Club. Edward Norton is friggin' amazing. Glad you liked it too :)


  8. Hey Stacy, I was wondering what happened to you glad to see that your life is coming along!


  9. Hi Stacy! :)
    I saw Fight Club years ago. Kinda started watching it by accident and ended up totally sucked into it. So disturbing in a very mesmerizing way, right?

    I hope you love Shadowfever! :)


  10. I had nada, zippo, noddathink blogging mojo for a while - and I hated the fact that I did. But thank goodness I seem to be over it - fingers crossed anyway. I'm glad I'm not the only one who suffered but came back.


  11. I loved Fight Club-and was so surprised that I did. SF is best to be savored, and it's one big roller coaster ride till the very end.


  12. Welcome back. Glad to hear that you've had a nice break and the things you want to work on are moving in a forward direction :) All the best!


  13. I LOVE 'Sons of Anarchy'! Enjoy.


Post a Comment